14 SMOOTHIE RECIPES TO DECREASE APPETITE AND BALANCE YOUR BLOOD SUGAR
May 26, 2020
Unless you have been living under a rock (which, may be the case with the current #Rona running around) I am sure you are aware that health and wellness is a hot topic these days. Health choices and food research is no longer just for those who are “another year wiser” but even the younger generation is jumping into the mix. As a society, now more than ever, we are doing more and more research on the best tips and tricks to provide our bodies with food as fuel!
We, along with everyone else, have been a part of this group; looking into the best ways to fuel our bodies to create a Thriving lifestyle that transcends through the years! Throughout this research we found many tricks but as many tips….. Insert Ms. Kelly Leveque and her book Body Love. When we read this book we KNEW we had to share her knowledge because, man… this woman is on to something! Kelly’s Fab 4 idea is focused around four core ingredients: Protein, Fat, Fiber and Greens. When balanced properly, these four food groups dance beautifully to create well balanced meals that extend your blood sugar curve, stop mindless snacking and provide your body with the nutrients it needs to THRIVE – not to mention you will see a boost in your energy levels, blood sugar levels become balanced, and your metabolism will be pumping-up the jams!
Don’t believe us? Give it a try for 5 days straight and evaluate how you feel. What do you have to lose?! We are willing to bet that at the end of day five your body will be singing “I got a feeling (oooooohhhooooo) that tonight’s gonna be a good night ” and #FeelingItsSelf
If you do notice positive benefits (#LivingYourBestLife) keep going for another five annnnnd another five. Our hope is that you experience the benefits, start feeling amazing, and begin to develop your own daily habit to create a healthy lifestyle to #Thrive
Okay so here’s the skinny and the FAB4 framework: Protein + Fat + Fiber + Greens = a lean mean metabolizing MACHINE! And you guys….
WE! ARE! HERE! FOR! IT!
- Protein = 20-30 grams – for the smoothie, choose a protein powder of your liking – recommended to look for an easy digestible or grass fed whey, collagen protein, or plant protein.
- Recipes below use chocolate or vanilla protein powder
- Replace Protein powder with a grass feed or lean protein for a meal
- Fats = 1 to 2 Tbsp of MCT, coconut oil, nut butters, olive oil, avocado oil
- You can also use small handful of cashews, walnuts, pistachios, macadamia nuts or sunflower seeds
- Avocado chunks (fresh or frozen)
- Fiber = 1 to 2 Tbsp chia seeds, flax seeds, acacia fiber, raw fiber powder, hemp seed hearts
- All the veggies when cooking a meal
- Greens = handful of fresh spinach
- You can also use frozen greens including frozen spinach, kale, or collard greens
Simple Break down:
– Choose a protein powder of your liking.
– Recommended to look for an easily digestible or grass-fed whey, collagen protein, or plant protein.
Proteins are our building blocks for our cells, they help us build, repair, and maintain healthy cells throughout our bodies. Proteins support our energy systems, healing, and immune function.
– MCT, coconut, oil, or avocado oil.
– Avocado chunks (fresh or frozen)
– May also use a small handful of cashews, walnuts, pistachios, macadamia nuts, or sunflower seeds.
Fat helps us stay hydrated and full. They are an important component in balancing our blood sugar and keeping our cells and hormones healthy and functioning properly, and they are very important components of brain and skin health.
– chia seeds
– flax seeds
– acacia fiber
– raw fiber powder
– hemp seed hearts
Fiber supports digestion and feeds your gut microbes. It provides good bacteria to keep us regular and working as it should.
– fresh spinach
– May also use frozen greens including frozen spinach, kale, or collard greens
Greens are loaded with nutrients that support our cells with antioxidants and anti inflammatory vitamins and minerals.
No calorie counting, fasting, or stressing about logging your food. The only thing you need to focus on is knowing the Fab 4.
Say them with me!!!
Proteins! Fats!! Fiber!!! Greens!!!!
Man, you sound grrrrrreat and ready to goooooo!
Okay… so now what?? You want to try to get them in every meal, especially breakfast: say heeellloooo metabolism; you animal, you 😉
We can confirm, the best way to start your day is with the Fab4 – Let’s jump start your day and fuel your body!
A few tips and trick as you begin this:
- Limit to ¼-½ cup of fruit.
- If you get hungry at or before 3 hours, add more fiber (another Tbsp)
- and if that still doesn’t work and you still find yourself hungry at or before 3.5 hours, add more fat (another Tbsp) the next time around
We compiled a quick reference guide of easy smoothie recipes to start your morning off right: Fab4 Smoothies. Print it off and hang it on your fridge, put it next to your blender for quick reference, give it to your best friend, shoot – you can even give your neighbor a copy; we don’t care just use it! There are 14 total recipes here to keep you going for a few weeks, 6 chocolate based, and 8 vanilla based. For additional recipes and tips and tricks, we invite you to visit Kelly’s website at https://kellyleveque.com/recipes/fab-four.
Soooo… are you ready to do this thing?! Lose a few pounds and balance out your body?! If so, we wanna hear all about your journey! Please tag us @thriveproactivehealth (and Kelly @bewellbykelly) in your social posts or comment on our Insta or Facebook. Don’t forget to use the following hashtags: #Fab4 #FeelingFab #5toThrive #Fab4Smoothie
Disclaimer: all information within this blog is credited to the Fab4 concept coined and owned by Kelly Leveque. To learn more, please visit https://kellyleveque.com/recipes/fab-four and check out her book, Body Love