Top 10 Christmas Essential Oils
December 7th, 2021
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Christmas songs and lights everywhere you turn and who could forget all the wonderful Christmas smells. The most common essential oils used around the holidays not only smell delicious they also have tons of great benefits. Here are a few of our favorites and what they can do.
Holiday essential oils:
- Frankincense is an antiseptic and an anti-inflammatory for muscles and arthritis. It’s traditionally used during prayer and is found in many skin products to help dry, sensitive and sun damage skin.
- Myrrh improves digestion, immunity and has been used to treat coughs and infection. It eases inflammation and promotes skin repair so it can be used for damage skin and is perfect for dry scalp.
- Clove is a popular tooth pain remedy, a strong antiseptic and aids the digestive system. It has also been used in small doses to overcome nervousness, mental fatigue or poor memory.
- Cinnamon can improve appetite and seems to aid in digestion. It is a powerful antioxidant and can also be used to treat head lice.
- The scent of Nutmeg is used for insomnia and in small amounts for skin care to treat ringworm and to prevent scarring.
- Orange is an antiseptic that has been used to treat flu, colds, congested lymph, indigestion and high blood pressure. It is also used for anxiety, depression and nervous tension.
- Inhaling Peppermint can clear sinuses and lung congestion. It can alleviate nausea, ulcers and irritable bowel syndrome. Popular for tension headache treatment.
- The fresh scent of Spruce is stimulating the oil can treat muscle spasms, adrenal gland efficiencies and fatigue.
- Pine is very antiseptic and often using cleaning solutions the fragrance is used to treat anxiety and bring peacefulness.
- Thieves is a blend of clove, lemon, cinnamon, eucalyptus and rosemary combined they have powerful antiseptic properties and are used to clean everything from the kitchen floor to purifying the air.
Always consult a professional before using essential oils.
Want to try these oils for yourself – Schedule one of Thrive’s Signature Massages Today!