Dr. Christine Sanchez specializes in providing mental and cognitive skills training for optimal performance in high pressure scenarios. She has over 10 years of experience working with athletes and other performers who desire to unlock their true potential.
While swimming and rowing collegiately at Virginia Tech, Dr. Sanchez sought the expertise of a Sport Psychologist to help her through a performance slump. The positive impact mental skills training had on her own athletic endeavors allowed her to realize her true passion - to assist others in achieving performance excellence while living a high quality, balanced life.
Dr. Sanchez's specialty is in providing cutting edge, research based interventions for mindfully performing under pressure, maintaining situation awareness, and rebounding quickly from performance errors. She routinely integrates biofeedback technology for facilitating optimal psycho-physiological regulation of performance states. Mental skills training programs consist of group workshops and individual consultations focusing on rapid skill acquisition, performance enhancement, and performance recovery. Over the years she has had the opportunity to consult with junior elite and collegiate athletes, first responders, and military personnel.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- M.Ed. in Exercise and Sport Psychology from Temple University
- Ph.D. in Sport and Performance Psychology from Florida State University
- Certified Consultant through the Association for Applied Sport Psychology (CC-AASP)
- Board Certified in Biofeedback (BCB) through the Biofeedback Certification International Alliance (BCIA), expected Fall 2016
- 200-hour Yoga Instructor Training
- Member of the Association of Applied Sport Psychology (AASP)
- Member of the Association of Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback (AAPB)